LearnLead programs draw on 3 core beliefs:
- Parents want better for their children than they themselves have experienced.
- Acknowledging parent’s knowledge and skills is as important as providing new information.
- Celebrating accomplishment motivates everyone – parents, teachers, staff and children.
- A little joy coupled with a little recognition go a long way!
- Chang and Romero’s work defining chronic absence and the intensity of its impact on poor children is the base for the Perfectly Punctual Campaign
- Hart and Risley’s work identifying the relationship between talking to children and brain development is the base of Messages of the Built Environment, Museum as a Resource, and Parenting for Literacy.
- We look forward to collaborating with you to implement these programs and to create new programs that serve families.
LearnLead has developed a series of programs marrying this philosophy of optimism and opportunity with the following research.
Contact us to learn more!